APPLICATION APPROVAL POLICY & GUIDELINES
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY HOUSING PROVIDER.
- A rental application must be processed on all prospective residents over the age of 18.
- The cost of the Application fee is $42.41 for each applicant including married couples.
- We do not accept cash or personal checks for credit checks, security deposits or first month’s rent: money orders or cashiers checks only.
- We will need to see, verify and photo copy both sides of your drivers license or ID card along with your social security card or work permit.
HERE ARE THE GUIDELINES FOR OUR APPLICATION APPROVAL POLICY:
Our credit reporting agency will provide us with a complete credit background on all applicants, including: FICO score, credit information, late payments, bad checks, evictions, bankruptcy and collections. Those with poor credit ratings may be denied. In general, a FICO score above 700 is very good, while a FICO score below 600 indicates a high-risk applicant.
If you have a few small marks against your credit but your housing references and income verification checks out fine, applicant may be approved with a qualified local co-signer and/or increased deposit. The applicant should have no more than 25% total negative credit on the current status of all accounts. Any accounts that are over five years old, excluding judgments, will be waived in determining percentage of credit.
INCOME/EMPLOYMENT: must be verified, you must provide your source(s) for at least the last two (2) years.
If you are employed – List ALL information asked for on application. It MUST be complete. Please provide us with your last three (3) pay stubs.
If you are self-employed, you must provide us with copies of your last two (2) years tax returns and the last six (6) months bank statements. If these documents are not clear, we may request additional information, such as corresponding W-2s, 1099, K-1s or quarterly financial statements.
IF YOU ARE ON FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE OF ANY KIND… Provide us with copies of:
- Your Notice of Action papers with your worker’s name and phone number, you will also have to give release information to PCR.
- Your student loan/grant papers.
- A letter from your parents describing the assistance.
INCOME REQUIREMENTS: Total gross monthly income MUST be three (3) times the amount of the rent for the unit.
- If you are not working and have a savings you are living off of, for example you just sold a home, please provide us with copies of your bank statements/Escrow papers.
- If income level falls a bit short, but your housing reference and credit checks out fine, applicant may be approved with a qualified co-signer and a larger deposit.
HOUSING HISTORY: must be verifiable, you MUST provide proof of residence for at least the last two (2) years. List ALL information asked for on the application, even if you’re staying with family or friends, rent free. If they were not the Owner of the residence, please provide the name and telephone number for the landlord.
PCR and/or CCPM will obtain telephone confirmation from past housing providers that applicant(s) pay rent on time and do not currently owe any money and are not a source of complaints (noise etc.). We will also verify if a proper 30-day written notice was given; if past lease has expired or if applicant is still liable for future payments. There should be no unresolved debts to a previous landlord/mortgage company in compliance with all terms of the lease/contract and community policies.
If you are new to San Diego or a first time renter you may be approved with a qualified local co-signer and/or an increased deposit.